Friday, November 12, 2010

Hello to My First Graders at Davenport!

Hola, (This is hello in Spanish)


Como Estan? (This means how are you guys doing in Spanish)
First of all I want you know that I miss you and think about you everyday! I am writting you a letter on my blog because I am at the local internet cafe and I want to update you about my journey.
Costa Rica is VERY beautiful!!! Can you believe I am wearing shorts and tank tops everyday while you are probably wearing coats? It is almost Thanksgiving and I am very sad that I will not be with my family on this special day, but I think that my host mom and I will cook a dinner and celebrate Thanksgiving together. Please remember to be always be thankful. I hope that you take the time to celebrate things that you enjoy and the people that you love this year for Thanksgiving and know that I am very thankful FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!

Ok..about Costa Rica!

Things that I love:
that it is always warm
Salsa dance classes
Making friends with complete strangers--I have a new German friend named Lena-she also teaches with me at the San Ambrosio School
RICE & BEANS! In Costa Rica they eat rice and beans with everything
the children all hug me and it reminds me of your wonderful hugs(especially yours Megan & Brock)
We get out of school early on every Wenesday:)
The beaches are very close to my house!
The people are kind here
I can walk or take a taxi to anywhere I need to go so there is no need for a car
The local ice cream shop is "muy rico" which means very yummy in Spanish
When you meet people and say hello you always kiss them on their cheek-HOW COOL!

Things that i miss about the Home:
My family
YOU guys!
My friends
The river near my house and the beautiful sounds that it makes
Being able to understand people ( I am not fluent in Spanish so I am not capable of understanding everyone and it can sometimes be overwhelming because I want to understand them so bad)
Hearing about upcoming snow!!!!!
driving my car & using my celephone(but it is good to be in a different culture where I do not have these material objects)


Please feel free to respond to this post with any questions that you have for me & I will answer them! I have so much to tell you that it is hard to find a place to start..so I will just answer any questions that you have for me. I have taken pictures and you can find them on the right side where is says Costa Rica pictues. I hope you enjoy them. Please remember that I love you and I hope that you are behaving for Mrs. Hayes and putting your best effort in your school work.

Pura Vida!!! (this is a saying in Costa Rica that is used frequently. It can mean many things such as everything is going great, pure life. full of life, cool, etc.
Ms. Mullett

Mrs. Hayes & Ms. Cannon-I miss you two so much and I hope that you have a great Thanksiving with your families & I can´t wait to see you when I return.


Catherine-I miss your seeing your blue eyes everyday and your beautiful handwritting!
Brock-I miss your hugs!You would love it here because the children play soccer during their breaks at school!
Olivia-There are people in Costa Rica who ride their horses in the street and it makes me think of you!
Durant-I went to the beach last weekend. I thought about you while I watched the sunset at the ocean.
Jazmin-I miss you sweet girl & I hope that you are doing well in reading. I still haven´t seen any unicorns here;)
Keria-I have a feeling that you would love it in Costa Rica because there are many things to do outside and you would also like playing soccer during breaks at school!
Joshua-Can you believe that when I arrived here the students were learning about plants in first grade? there are pictures of me eating passion fruit seeds. They look gross(kind of like tadpoles), but they are very yummy!
Megan-I miss your hugs too. When I am having a bad morning or I am sad at school I think about you and how you would brighten my day!
Nicholas-I saw monkeys on my first day on the way to school! They make noises that sound like they are angry, but my host mom assured me that they were not..its just the sounds that they make.
Elijah-The students conducted a play the other day at school. You would have loved it! Good luck in your future play with your parents!
Micha-There are lots of bugs here! I often get bitten by them and there are lizzards..how awesome?!
Isaiah-I wish you were here in Costa Rica with me to answer all of my questions when I teach. I miss you and hope you are reading like a CHAMPION:)
Austin-I hope that you enjoy my pictures and come up with wonderful questions to ask me. You would love it here with your vibrant imagination!
Ashton-I bet you are talking right now. hahaha. Just kidding. I miss you & I know that if you lived in Costa Rica you would have a lot of friends because you are so friendly.
Makenzie-Costa Rica is so beautiful..just like you! I hope that you enjoy the pictures and that you are giving your best in class.
Gilly-I am lonely without you in Costa Rica because I don´t have a partner here:( When I get back..will you please be my math partner again?
Kennedi- I wish you were here so that we could get our nails painted together:) I know how you liked it when my nails were painted.
Gwyneth-I write in my journal everyday..so that means I think about you everytime that I open it! Thank you so much for my gift.
Diana-I need you here to help me speak Spanish! A lot of the young girls here remind me of you because they always come to school with their hair curled like you do!
Adrianne-It is hard to pick a special helped like you because you were the best afternoon helper in the world and i miss you:)
Erwin-I have a girl who has the same last name as you in my classroom..GUZMAN! I know that you would love it here because everyone plays soccer!
Tony-I miss you and know that you would find Costa Rica to be beautiful! I hope that  you are behaving and earning lots of stickers..I know you can do it! I BELIEVE IN YOU!


PS: My students are going to write your letters on Monday and I will mail them as soon as they are finished. They are so happy that you were kind enough to write them!

No comments:

Post a Comment